Superintendent Search Assistance
Among the most important decisions that a school board makes is the selection of the superintendent. The VSBA provides thorough and professional services throughout the search process, all at a cost that is considerably less than that of private consultants. The goal is to promote a match that makes for an effective policy-making team. From advertising to screening to consultation, the VSBA helps to ensure that this vitally important decision is a sound one.
- The VSBA has been conducting superintendent searches for more than 40 years.
- 74 of the current Virginia superintendents were the result of VSBA superintendent search services.
- The VSBA has completed searches in urban, suburban, and rural divisions all across Virginia.
- The VSBA is part of the National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers (NASS), the most experienced network of search professionals in the country.
- The VSBA has extensive knowledge of state laws affecting all aspects of the hiring process.
- Being a statewide association of school boards, the VSBA understands best practices in school division leadership, and uses proven strategies to develop productive board/superintendent relations.
- As your association, the VSBA has a vested interest in assisting your division with finding the best possible superintendent for your community.
- The VSBA offers contract legal review, public relation support, and board governance training at no additional charge to divisions using VSBA’s superintendent search services.
- The VSBA does not select the superintendent for the division. All decisions are made by the school board, and all actions taken by VSBA are at the direction of the board.
Please click here to download an overview flier. If you are a board member interested in more detail on the superintendent search process, please contact Gina G. Patterson, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-295-8722.
Please click here for a letter from the chairman of the National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers (NASS)